Terms and Conditions
Statement on Use of Electronic Records
You consent (1) to receive all loan agreements, disclosures, notices, and other information (together, the “Electronic Records”) in electronic form and (2) to use “Electronic Signatures” for entering into any loan agreement with HONEST CAR PAYMENT or its partner lenders.
You may receive paper copies of any of the Electronic Records maintained by HONEST CAR PAYMENT by printing or downloading such Electronic Records directly to your computer, or by written request, with specific details of the Electronic Records you want, mailed to:
HONEST CAR PAYMENT
Attn: Electronic Records Request
PO BOX 241057
Honolulu, HI 96824
Please enclose your name, the home address we have on record for you, and your mailing address, if different. Paper copies of the requested Electronic Records will then be provided at no charge to you. To obtain paper copies from HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s partner lenders, please contact those partner lenders directly.
Your consent applies to all Electronic Records related to this loan request and transaction and all Electronic Records related to servicing your loan, including but not limited to privacy and collection notices. You may withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Records or update your contact information by calling or emailing your loan officer, or by calling HONEST CAR PAYMENT at (808) 534-1234. If you withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Records, HONEST CAR PAYMENT will send paper copies of all agreements, disclosures, etc. to you, which might impact the speed of your transaction.
Hardware and Software Requirements. Electronic Records may be accessed with the most recent versions of most web browsers. If you are having difficulty obtaining your Electronic Records online, please try a different browser, or contact us for assistance. To retain your Electronic Records, you must have computer hardware and software capable of saving Electronic Records being viewed by your web browser. In addition, in order to download, save, and view a copy of your loan agreement in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader software, version 9.0 or later. You may also print Electronic Records if you have a printer and appropriate computer hardware and software for printing pages viewed by your web browser.
Terms and Conditions
By prequalifying or applying for a loan with HONEST CAR PAYMENT, you:
1. understand that you are applying for credit,
2. Certify that all information contained within it is true, complete, and correct.
3. understand that HONEST CAR PAYMENT will process your pre-qualification form and share it with our lending partners,
4. understand that one of our partner lenders will make the credit decision and, if approved, will provide the loan,
5. acknowledge that HONEST CAR PAYMENT and/or its lending partners may require verification of certain application information, in their sole discretion,
6. consent to HONEST CAR PAYMENT and its affiliates, agents, and assignees contacting you by any method, including automated dialing equipment or prerecorded messages, at each respective phone number by calling, texting, or other electronic communication,
7. authorize HONEST CAR PAYMENT and/or its partner lenders to make whatever credit inquiries it deems necessary,
8. authorize and instruct any person, including but not limited to, all local, state or federal government agencies or consumer reporting agencies, to complete and furnish HONEST CAR PAYMENT or its partner lenders with any information it may have and agree that such information, along with this application, shall remain HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s property whether or not credit is extended,
9. authorize your wireless operator (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, or any other branded wireless operator) to use your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber status details to allow verification of your identity and to compare information you have provided to HONEST CAR PAYMENT with your wireless operator account profile information, and
10. acknowledge that you can receive messages and documents via the email address provided in your application and can access and retain those documents, and that you can access information provided electronically at our website and other websites related to your application. You agree to receive documents electronically and to store or print those documents for your records, and that the actions described here or on the documents will serve as your electronic signature on any such documents. You consent to receive electronic communications from us under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
11. Married applicants may apply for a separate account.
· IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT If applicable to your credit transaction, to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, you will be asked for your name, address, date of birth, and other information to identify you. You may also be asked to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
· California Residents: An applicant, if married, may apply for a separate account.
· Maine and Tennessee Residents: You must have physical damage insurance covering loss or damage to the vehicle for the term of the contract. For a lease, you must also have the liability insurance as described in the lease. You may purchase required insurance through any insurance agent or broker and from any insurance company that is reasonably acceptable to us. You are not required to deal with any of our affiliates when choosing an agent, broker or insurer. Your choice of a particular insurance agent, broker or insurer will not affect our credit decision, so long as the insurance provides adequate coverage with an insurer who meets our reasonable requirements.
· New Hampshire Residents: If you are applying for a balloon payment contract, you are entitled, if you ask, to receive a written estimate of the monthly payment amount for refinancing the balloon payment in accord with the creditor’s existing refinance programs. You would be entitled to receive the estimate before you enter into a balloon payment contract. A balloon contract is an installment sales contract with a final scheduled payment that is at least twice the amount of one of the earlier scheduled equal periodic installment payments.
· New York Residents: In connection with your application for credit, a consumer report may be obtained from a consumer reporting agency (credit bureau). If credit is extended, the party or parties extending credit or holding such credit may order additional consumer reports in connection with any update, renewal or extension of the credit. If you ask, you will be told whether a consumer report was requested and, if so, the name and address of any consumer reporting agency (credit bureau) from which such credit report was obtained.
· Ohio Residents: Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
· Rhode Island Residents: Consumer reports may be requested in connection with this application. Buyer has the right of free choice in selecting an insurer to provide insurance required in connection with this transaction subject to our reasonable approval in accordance with applicable law.
· Vermont Residents: You authorize us and any financial institution with which this credit application is shared, and each of their respective employees or agents, to obtain and verify information about you (including one or more credit reports, information about your employment and banking and credit relationships) that they may deem necessary or appropriate in evaluating your credit application. If your credit application is approved and credit is granted, you also authorize the parties granting credit or holding your account, and their respective employees and agents, to obtain additional credit reports and other information about you in connection with reviewing the account, increasing the available credit on the account (if applicable), taking collection on the account, or for any other legitimate purpose.
· Married Wisconsin Residents: No provision of any marital property agreement, any unilateral statement under Wis. Stat § 766.59 or any court decree under § 766.70 applied to marital property adversely affects our interest unless you furnish a copy of the agreement, statement, or court decree or we have actual knowledge of such adverse provision before credit is granted. If you are making this credit application individually and not jointly with your spouse, complete Section A about yourself and Section B about your non-applicant spouse. Your non-applicant spouse should not sign the credit application if you are applying for individual credit
USA Patriot Act Disclosure
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account/loan. When you open an account/loan, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
In accordance with Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act, signed October 26, 2001, HONEST CAR PAYMENT is required to obtain a copy of the documents used in identifying new account/loan customers and in identifying signatory individuals added to an existing or new account/loan. In some cases, identification will be requested for those individuals banking with HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s Lenders prior to the effective date of the customer identification requirements because original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account/loan or the Lender is unable to form a reasonable belief that it knows the true identity of the existing customer. In all cases protection of our customers’ identity and confidentiality is HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s pledge to you.
What this means to you: When you open a new account/loan, we will ask for your name, date of birth, and other information that will allow our Lenders to identify you. We may ask you to provide a copy of your driver’s license and other identifying documents. By submitting this application, you authorize the Lender(s) to obtain information necessary to verify your identity. This may include information obtained from a consumer reporting agency, public data bases, or other sources. If the Lender(s) is/are unable to verify information necessary to confirm your identity, an account/loan may not be opened/funded. The Lender(s) reserves the right to close your account/loan if it determines at a later date that we/they do not know your identity.
It is important for you to know that we do not, nor will we ever, sell, share, trade or rent names or other information about our customers to third-party marketers.
References to “we,” “us,” and “our”,” refer to HONEST CAR PAYMENT and “you” or “your” shall mean HONEST CAR PAYMENT customers. Throughout this notice, the word “information” refers to personal information about you that may not be publicly available.
Information We Gather
While providing services to you, we gather information about which may include, without limitation, your name, address, phone number, email social security number, credit card number, date of birth, employer information, income amounts, current loan information, credit information, and vehicle information (collectively, the “Information”). The Information is received or gathered from the following sources:
· applications and other forms received from you (including web-based communications, applications, and forms);
· your transactions and account experiences with us;
· consumer reporting agencies; and
· Information obtained when verifying information you provide on applications or other forms (this may be from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions).
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web site’s server to a user; the user’s computer may show the information back to the server on subsequent pages or actions. Session cookies end when the session with the server ends. When you browse our web site Honest Car Payment.com you do so anonymously and personal information about you is not collected. When you access our Online Application system, session cookies are used. Session cookies are necessary for the security of your account and are used for authentication only.
Use of Information
We use the Information to provide products and services to you, to provide support for those products and services, to review and identify other products and services that may beneficial to you, to communicate with you, and to otherwise do business with you.
Information We Disclose
As permitted by law: We may disclose Information as permitted or required by law. For example, Information may be disclosed in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process or to credit bureaus. In addition, we may disclose Information to companies that perform support or other services for us. Except as set out above, we do not, nor will we ever, sell, share, trade, or rent names or other information about our customers to third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
Access to our Information is limited to HONEST CAR PAYMENT employees who provide products or services to you. HONEST CAR PAYMENT employees are trained and understand the importance of safeguarding your Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed federal standards to protect your Information.
HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s Online Application system provides secure services over the Internet through a protocol known as Secure Sockets Layer. To access your online profile, you will need access to a computer with Internet access and a Secure Sockets Layer compatible browser. The Secure Sockets Layer validates the identity of our site to our customers by using a digital certificate.
When you enter HONEST CAR PAYMENT’s Online Application system, encryption is automatically enabled. This is called a secure site. To verify if an Internet session is secure, check the key icon in the corner of your browser’s screen. If the key appears intact, then encryption is activated.
Social Media Sites
We do not solicit data from or market to anyone under the age of 18 on our website. When you browse our website, you do so anonymously; Information about you is not collected.
Information on Public Records
HONEST CAR PAYMENT will only share Information obtained through public records with authorized agents and our lending partners; or as may be required by federal or state law or by court order. You will be given the opportunity to consent to the use of your public Information for any other purpose.
How to Remove Your Name from Credit Offers
If you prefer not to receive unsolicited pre-approved credit offers, you can remove your name from lists used by credit reporting agencies (CRAs) for these purposes. To remove your name and address, call 888-5OPTOUT (888-567-8688) or go to www.optoutprescreen.com.
When you call to remove your name from credit bureau lists, you will be given a choice to opt out for five years or permanently. Even though your request becomes effective within a week of calling, it may take several months before you see a reduction in the amount of unsolicited offers of credit.
How to Reduce Telemarketing Calls
The National Do Not Call Registry was created to offer consumers a choice regarding telemarketing calls and gives you an opportunity to limit the telemarketing calls you receive. The National Do Not Call Registry is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency. Thirty-one days after placing your phone number on the registry, most (but not all) telemarketers should stop calling. For more information on the National Do Not Call Registry, or to register your phone number, go to www.donotcall.gov or call 888-382-1222. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently (unless you choose to remove it) due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. If you have previously registered your phone number, your registration will not expire after five years, but instead will be permanent.
How to Reduce Junk Mail
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) sponsors Mail Preference Service (MPS), which has been helping consumers since 1971 limit the national non-profit or commercial mail they receive at home. If you would like to reduce the amount of advertising you receive from companies, you can register for this service online or by mail. The DMA charges a $1 fee for mail registrations.
Mail Preference Service
Direct Marketing Association P.O. Box 643 Carmel, NY 10512 www.dmaconsumers.org/consumerassistance.html
If you contact that agency, you will have the option of removing your name from catalog offers of specific companies, other mail offers of specific companies, or all mail offers. Your name will be removed from your list(s) of choice for three years. Removing your name from these lists will not end all solicitations from businesses that do not subscribe to the service or companies with which you do business. To eliminate mail from those businesses—as well as mail addressed to “occupant” or “resident”—write directly to each source.
Free Credit Reports
You are entitled to receive one free credit report every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting agencies– Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union. These three consumer reporting agencies have set up a central web site, a toll-free telephone number and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report. To order, visit www.annualcreditreport.com, call 877-322-8228, or print and complete the
Annual Credit Report Request Form (available online at www.ftc.gov/credit and mail it to: These three consumer reporting agencies have set up a central web site, a toll-free telephone number and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report. To order, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228,, or print and complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form (available online at www.ftc.gov/credit and mail it to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281 Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Do not contact these three consumer reporting agencies individually. Free annual credit reports are available only through the above methods.
When ordering your free report you will be asked to provide your name, address, date of birth, and social security number. In addition, you may be asked to provide further identifying information based on information contained in your credit report.
When ordering your free report you will be asked to provide your name, address, date of birth, and social security number. In addition, you may be asked to provide further identifying information based on information in your credit report. Only one web site, www.annualcreditreport.com is authorized to fulfill orders for the free annual credit report you are entitled to by law. Other web sites that claim to offer free credit reports, free credit scores or free credit monitoring are not part of the legally-mandated free annual credit report program. In some cases, the “free” product comes with strings attached.
For more information, refer to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) brochure, “Your Access to Free Credit Reports”, available on the FTC’s web site at www.ftc.gov.
Report Identity Theft
If someone has fraudulently used your identity to establish credit, contact your credit union immediately and then report the incident as quickly as possible to each of the consumer reporting agencies:
· Experian: 888-397-3742
· Equifax: 800-525-6285
· Trans Union: 800-680-7289
· Innovis: 800-540-2505
Working Together to Protect Your Identity
We are committed to ensuring the protection of your personal information. We hope you find the above information to be helpful. Additionally, periodically you may want to check your records at the above consumer reporting agencies to confirm that no credit accounts have been opened in your name without your consent.